Beware Of Wigs Scams!
Counterfeit Wigs Abound on the Internet
Please be aware that there are many websites selling counterfeit wigs of inferior quality. As far as we can tell, these sites are all based in China. Many women are enticed by the seemingly very low prices, and do not realize what they are getting until the shoddy merchandise arrives.
What you can expect if you order a Chinese wig knock-off:
1. The synthetic or human hair is not of good quality. It appears dry and the colors are not exact. The workmanship is shoddy.
2. These wigs are not made from exact specifications - they are made based on a photograph. Therefore the measurements are imprecise, at best.
3. It is very difficult to get these sites to accept a return. You will not even be able to return your wig unless you pay high shipping costs back to China.
4. Many of these sites post fake reviews to create the illusion of customer satisfaction.
5. It will take two to three weeks for your wig to arrive, because of the long distance in shipping.
Here is a list of the Chinese websites we have discovered that are selling counterfeit wigs. We will continue to add to it.
Below are more sites. SimplyWigs.co.uk, as a result of their customers complaints, has listed these as companies you should also avoid! Note that they also list ewigs.co.uk as a scam site.
Actions you can take if you purchased a counterfeit wig:
Contact the company via email and tell them (in writing) that the merchandise is "not as pictured". When they inform you that you will have to pay return shipping to China, contact your credit card company and tell them you received "counterfeit merchandise" and you want to file a "chargeback" because the merchandise is "not as described" and the company is charging you an excessive amount to return.
Send your credit card company a link to this page!
TELL US YOUR STORY:
If you have had dealings with one of these Chinese wigs sellers, tell us your experience. Please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org - put "stop wig ripoffs" into the subject line.